When a team member is either overwhelmed with their work or underwhelmed, it can lead to a low level of engagement. In other words, responsibility level has to be in line with competency and potential.
Here are a few other thoughts to “gauge” the level of engagement with your team members.
- Are team members satisfied with their job/career development opportunities?
- Do they feel that their work and leisure time are in relative balance?
- Do they feel appreciated in their work community?
- Are they fairly treated?
- Do they experience success in their work?
- Do their contributions matter?